The City of Kerrville Public Works, Solid Waste Division would like to remind citizens that July 1 starts the city’s fiscal third quarter, and citizens can use their one (1) free bulk drop-off voucher during the quarter. This opportunity is intended for residential units that have an active account for all city utility services.
Eligible residents are authorized one voucher to be used anytime from July 1 through Sept. 30. Residents are able to discard unwanted residential appliances such as washers, dryers, water heaters, other miscellaneous furniture and household waste. Brush and yard waste is also allowed to be dropped off at the landfill with the voucher. (As a reminder, curbside brush pickup is limited to two cubic yards).
Refrigerators, freezers and A/C units are allowed only if the refrigerant has been reclaimed and the unit has been tagged by a licensed technician. Listed below are some guidelines for vouchers:
• Vouchers are available for pickup at City Hall, 701 Main St.
• Please bring proper identification, such as a valid ID and/or utility invoice.
• Voucher expires Monday, Sept. 30, 2019.
• Vouchers are valid for one trip to the Landfill/Transfer Station.
• Landfill/Transfer Station Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:50 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• All items transported, whether in a pickup truck or utility trailer, must be covered or secured during transportation.
• New or used oil
• Construction material
• Household paints, chemicals, and other hazardous items
The Solid Waste Division encourages citizens to beautify the community and reach out to neighbors who may need assistance. This promotes engagement and stewardship within your neighborhood.
“With the recent storms in the area, this is a great opportunity for residents to discard excess brush,” Assistant Director of Public Works David Barrera said. “However, it is very important that the guidelines mentioned above are followed.”
Solid Waste Division would also like to remind citizens that there will be no delay in trash pick-up service the week of July 4, and the Landfill/Transfer station will follow regular operating hours.
For additional information about any of the city’s solid waste services, please contact the City of Kerrville at (830) 257-8000.
All content © 2019 GHM or their respective parties. All rights reserved.